Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Moving Day ... a poem

Moving Day

Packed up all my bags
Boxed up all my belongings
Started to take old keepsakes
but stopped as I recalled the memories:
I can't take the heartache
I must leave the lies
I gotta trash time wasted
and donate indecision

I kicked fear to the curb
as the movers arrived--
the professionals, the friends, the wise ones who have moved on before--
and they helped me carefully carry only the things that mattered

I've found a new home--
The rooms are filled with peace
Contentment's in the carpet
Happiness is in the hardwood
Laughter's in the hallways, the yard
Courage is its curb appeal

I won't put old wine in new wineskins
Only the best Pinot Noir and Chardonnay

I'm on my way to restoration
It's on the other side of moving day.

-cdw-
1/18/16

No comments:

Post a Comment