Tuesday, September 3, 2013

blue ... a poem

blue

I've been crying over you
shedding tears that stain my cheeks blue.

Close my eyes and hide my face
hoping that no one sees a trace.

But when my palms try to dry the pain
all they do is smear the hurt again.

Then I wash and scrub with water, soap.
Clean away the woe and re-reveal the hope.

But the dream is gone and love, in vain,
Drowned in salty sobs, bitter acid rain.

And my skin – moist and choked with heartbreak,
flushed the dark indigo of a body suffocated –

lost its glow, the rosy rush of love obtained.
Sunken, shadowed, hollow, royal-tear stained.

~cdw~
09/03/13



2 comments:

  1. I like Blue it's a beautiful poem and yet a sad poem. It reminds me of a winter day. Love lost, Love remembered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A winter day... I like that, Charles. Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate to hear what people think of my poetry.

      Delete