Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Musical Score (For Violin) ... a poem

A Musical Score (For Violin)


Performed in pianissimo
We began soft and sweet

Six measures later
The notation is piano
Not as quiet
More pressure
on strings

Abandon
The soothing lullaby

As our fingers play
Chords
Filled with sharps
D major

Press my E string
Find the right note
Explore my high pitch
Melodies

I'm waiting
For forte
Aggression
and strength

Bow hairs
Sticky with resin
Firmly on G

Fingers trembling
Vibrato masks
Pitch imperfections
and missed opportunities

Arm sore
From stiff bow strokes
Loosen up
Release the tension

We must work hard
for Fortissimo
for calculated bliss
Loud and raucous
with no seeming
Restraint

But
A love composition
I hope we create

The sharps balance
the flats
Our dissonant cords
of miscommunication
Transform into
Harmonious conversation

I am composing
A tune
that you will play
Perfection with practice
Rehearse me for long hours

At the end
You're not done
A colon and bar mean repeat
Play my composition
Til the love is complete.

~cdw
05.24.08

No comments:

Post a Comment